Delta ShopMaster Model MS250 10" Compound Power Miter Saw I found myself in need of a miter saw that I can do some quick cutting with at home. We are doing some minor home improvement projects including replacing molding around our family room. Not wanting to invest a large amount of money in a full featured saw since there is one sitting in our woodshop a few miles from my house, and being simply too lazy to want to haul it back and forth as I need it, I started my search.
I went to our local home improvement warehouse store and this Delta Shopmaster on sale. I was impressed by the features as well as happy with the price.
- Powerful 13 amp. Motor provides plenty of power for tough cutting jobs.
- Cross cuts a nominal 2" X 6" or 4" X 4" at 90°. Miters a 2" X 4" flat or on edge et 45° R & L
- Lightweight, aluminum-alloy construction weighs only 28 lbs.
- A Large, one-piece fence for maximum support of extra-wide materials.
- An Easy-to-read bevel scale with adjustable positive stops for quick tilt settings.
- Convenient miter indexing mechanism for quick, easy miter settings.
- Electric blade brake automatically stops blade in seconds.
- Lubricated-for-life ball bearings assure trouble-free performance with less maintenance
- Dust bag collects fine dust and woodchips.
- Makes quick work of cutting compound angles on crown moulding or nominal 2 X 4's.
I have used this saw on the molding project, as well as some deck repairs cutting 2x4's and 2x6's. The Shopmaster made quick accurate work of both these cutting jobs. I have left the saw unmounted but it would easily fit onto many of the aftermarket chop saw tables. I have mine set up on a roll away storage bench and use an adjustable outfeed roller for added support when cutting longer items. Overall I have been quite happy with this saw and it continues to perform as expected and I feel comfortable recommending it if your needs are like mine for a nice small miter saw to do some cutting around the house, or in a small house shop.